2018/19 Onsite BTAP
Registration fee: $50 for members;
$75 for nonmembers.
Proof of MSTA membership (an active MSTA member number or copy of a current MSTA application), is required at the time of BTA registration to get the $50 member rate.
Pre-Registration is required. “No shows” are nonrefundable. Transferring from one BTA to another incurs a $25 processing fee.
The full day will focus on these topics:
· Classroom environment
· Instruction and engagement
· Professional communication
· Education-related laws
This will be accomplished through interactive learning and networking with other participants. Additional beginning teacher issues that are pertinent will be addressed. On-site courses are limited to 50 participants. These workshops have been updated to incorporate the Missouri Teaching Standards. These standards are at the core of Missouri’s new evaluation tools. The workshops meet the state’s Initial Professional Certification requirement for beginning teacher assistance from Missouri college and universities. Participants will learn effective teaching practices and strategies for successful professional growth.
Participants will spend the day:
- learning effective teaching practices and strategies for successful professional growth,
- networking with educational professionals from across the state of Missouri,
- developing a Professional Learning Network (PLN);
- sharing best practices (academic and practical);
- celebrating their successes as educators, as well as their students’ successes; and
- culminating in creating a plan of action to ensure on-going support focusing on Missouri teaching standards and indicators once returning to their district.
Friday, March 1, 2019, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM CST
Cantrell Student Union-2nd Floor (Room 201 A)
Joust West Conference Room
1111 N. Glenstone Ave.
Campus Map is attached